Thursday, February 5, 2015

Our Field Trip Experience by 4th graders Brooke R. and Samuel M


From Brooke R.:
 
My Field Trip experience was so much FUN! We went to the Taste of Texas. I learned so much about Texas history and how the state was named and also how the city of Houston got its name. Houston was named for Sam Houston. The owner of the restaurant told us lots of information about the state of Texas, then she gave us a tour of the kitchen. Most of all, I liked when she let us go in the freezer. She turned the lights out and we screamed and laughed. It was the Best! After all the Texas info, we even ate chicken fingers and fries with a nice cold sprite. The restaurant visit was exciting.
Afterwards, we went to the Bear Creek Park where we saw peacocks in a cage and other animals. I enjoyed playing in the park with my best friend Georgia, blowing bubbles and watching them float in the air was great. On the Field Trip, I even got a chance to talk to my best teachers on the bus on the way back to school. The Field Trip was Awesome!


From Samuel M. :

I moved to the USA from Scotland. This was my first Field Trip in the USA, but most of all it was my first time riding on a Yellow School Bus. It was an Amazing experience because I haven’t seen all of Katy and I got a chance to have a window seat on the bus. I could see lots of things out the window. I so concentrated on the view out of my window and we were there in a splash. Once we were there, I learned lots about the history of Texas and believe me I learned lots. Mostly, I liked going in the freezer back in the kitchen area of the restaurant. Everyone screamed when the lights were turned off. It was cold, but in my opinion it wasn’t really cold. When I came out of the freezer I smelled bacon and it smelled delicious. After the kitchen tour, I learned more about Texas and some of the students got a chance to dress in costumes of famous Texas History people. I learned so much about Texas, and lots of interesting facts. We were served chicken fingers and fries with ketchup and BBQ for dipping sauce. They were so good I could have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So, after eating we traveled to the park, I was so excited to get back on the bus again and I sat with a friend. At the park, I saw lots of animals such as, a pony in a big field, pigs, birds, and a parrot that sounded like a car alarm. It was really loud! I also got a chance to see a peacock. I really enjoyed playing in the park for quite a while. Then back on the bus. That was my First Field trip in the America. SO EXCITING!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment