Monday, December 14, 2015

My Experience as a Watchdog by David West


Being a watchdog dad was an extremely rewarding and enlightening experience. My day at TWE provided me an opportunity to give back to the school in a very unique way.  

 
Consistent with the goals of the program, I was able to be a positive male role model in an environment that is predominantly lead by females.  Additionally, participating in the Watchdog dad program allowed me to assist the staff at TWE by providing extra support in a wide array of activities from participating in recess and PE (which was exhausting) to working with second graders on predictive math.  Finally, and most importantly, I was able to participate with my son in a number of special activities for which my son said he was "proud of his Watchdog dad".

 

I would strongly encourage all dads with kids at TWE to get involved in anyway they can and that being a Watchdog dad is an easy way to do so.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment