Monday, November 23, 2015

Fish in a Tree Review by 5th grade student Emma P.


 


This year in Reading we are doing a Global Read-Aloud. It is so much fun because the book we are reading is Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt. This book is about a girl, Ally, who has dyslexia and hates school. When she gets a new teacher who makes ever thing better, she feels like she can actually do something, and tries. This book is really good and Mrs. Smith makes it so fun because we do some of the things that they do in the book. For example, there was a code they were trying to figure out, we tried. Also, they did a game where you figure out what’s in the boxes, we did that shortly after. She also created suspense by reading all the chapters but one, saving it for the next day. I have really enjoyed this book, and can’t wait to read the last chapter. I can just feel myself in Ally’s shoes and almost can say I’ve been through what she has. At least I can relate, and feel she and everyone else is real and in the classroom down the hall. This book is awesome and I recommend it. Check it out at the TWE Book Fair this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment