Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Teamwork is Dreamwork




Here is the “starting line up” for the 5th grade team!  Please enjoy these short player bios from each of our teachers. Kneeling: Mr. Manning; Standing: from left - Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Longoria, Ms. Miller, Mrs. Stratton, Mrs. Hernandez and Mrs. Artley


Language Arts:

My name is Libby Smith and I am a 5th grade reading, writing, and social Studies teacher as well as the Team Leader. I have been at Tom Wilson Elementary since it opened and am super excited about the 2015-16 school year. Fifth grade is a memorable year for students and I love being a part of it. I have a third grader here and a four year old that I will be bringing with me next year because TWE truly is the BEST school in Katy ISD!


Hello, my name is Julie Hernandez. I teach language arts and social studies. This is my second year in 5th grade and at TWE. My teaching background is in middle school. However, after my experience last year, I love elementary school too. I graduated from the University of Texas.  I love college football! The loves of my life are my husband and two children.  I am very excited about this school year and working with your children.

   

Hi, my name is Lisa Stratton.  I am excited to be teaching reading and writing on the fifth grade team this year.  I am a graduate of Michigan State University and am entering my ninth year of teaching.  I am entering my third year here at TWE --you may recognize me as a familiar face coming from the third grade team.  In my free time I love to play competitive trivia, enjoy a good movie, and of course relax with a great book!

 

Math:

Hello, I’m Julie Longoria.  This will be a milestone year for me, my 25th year of teaching, and I couldn't be more excited to be teaching math!   I'm a graduate of Abilene Christian University.    I am married and have two terrific sons.  Drew is a senior at American University in Washington D.C., and Collin is a junior at Tompkins High School.  My family and my opportunity to do something I love, teach, are two of my greatest blessings.


My name is Abbie Artley. I am a 5th grade math teacher starting and am beginning my 18th year in education. I have a daughter in 5th grade at TWE this year, and my husband is a band director at Mayde Creek High School.  In my free time I enjoy running, yoga, sewing, crocheting, and spending time with her family. 

 

Science:

 
My name is Kailey Miller and I will be teaching fifth grade science. This will be my second year at Tom Wilson Elementary and I am excited to be part of a winning team! I look forward to having a fantastic year with all of my future scientists.  

 
My name is Willie Manning and I will be teaching science here on the fifth grade team.   This my 17th year in education and I'm blessed to teach at Tom Wilson Elementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment