Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Interview with TWE Art teacher Mrs. Laura Reeves Tyagi by: Clare Uberecken, Riley Rogde, Tofunmi Jewesimi


Meet Mrs. Laura Reeves Tyagi





 

When and where were you born?

I was born in Little Rock, Ark. In 1981.

 

What is your favorite project that you are working on with kids?

I don’t really have a favorite project, but I do enjoy watching my students draw pictures and objects from real life.

 

What is your favorite art piece?

I love Monet, and Water Lilies is my favorite. I saw it at the museum of Modern Art in New York City.

 

Why did you become an art teacher?

Excellent question!  I became an art teacher because when I was a senior in high school my new art teacher was very inspirational, and I decided I wanted to also be an art teacher.  When I went to college one of her mentors became my professor. We became friends and stay in touch now. 

 

Who inspired you?

My art teacher, Mrs. Brisco.  She always pushed me to do my best. 

Who were your favorite teachers?

Mrs. Brisco, and my drama teacher, Mrs. Sutton.  They both made learning fun!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment