Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Interview with TWE Art teacher -Mrs. Amie Shorter by Clare Uberecken, Riley Rogde, Tofunmi Jewesimi



 

Meet Mrs. Amie Shorter



 

Where are you from?

 I grew up in Indiana near the Michigan border.

 

What is your favorite color?

I love blue because my kids’ eyes are blue.

 

Who are your favorite teachers?

My favorite teacher is my third grade teacher, Mrs. Riley.  She was very nice and taught us lots of important information.

 

Why did you become an art teacher?

My aunt was an artist and she influenced me, and I love drawing and coloring because it is so comforting and relaxing.  I knew I wanted to be a teacher, but when I went to college I was discouraged to be an art teacher because many schools don’t have them.  I taught 1st, 3rd, and 5th grades but always knew my love was teaching art.

 

Who inspired you?

My aunt Cindy, the artist.

 

What is your favorite teaching story?

There are so many great stories, but I love the stories of where kids think they are really not good artists but then when they see the finished product, they get excited about what they have created.

 

Who is your favorite artist?

My aunt is my favorite, but I love Marie Cassatt, and the painting The Bath.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment